Cooking is not my forte!


I call myself a gourmet with an exception, umm, I cant cook..!!!! well in a country like India, where girls from an early age are taught the art of cooking and explore the secret ingredients in the kitchen, I was bought up in a house where my Papa would say, "oh come on she`s going to be an Engineer, she's not meant for kitchen.!!" I know he wants me to devote time on my studies but is it a big deal if I cant cook.?? I mean i have tried to cook but in vain. And they ask me to try again and again but it's tough.!! learning equations is much easier, trust me on that. when I was a kid I used to think cooking was just 3 step process:    
  1.  Cutting the vegetables.
  2.  Putting them into the pan.
  3.  Add spices and let it cook on the flame.
What have I got to do, just add the spices?? but noooooo it wasn`t like what I thought. I am still struggling to be a good cook. I laugh out loud when people ask me which dishes I cook.?? and I answer them with MAGGI, PASTA, TEA. and the expressions on their faces are truly surprising. The day I will learn the art, I`ll be the happiest, that's what I am thinking as of now.!! Who doesn`t want to cook savory cuisines for their families?. Till then I`ll be a gourmet who loves to eat but can't cook. :) 
and even if I couldn`t learn, who cares..?? I want to be happy..!!! I know I am sounding like a wicked girl. haha... but let's keep up the hope and wishing cooking goddess ( don`t know if she exists.!) will bless me with the art. 

keep rocking. And for those who can actually cook.! keep cooking..:)
over and out.!!

Comments