Clutch+GEAR+ACCELERATE and there it GOES VROOm..VrooM



I love Cars and feeling the horsepower is thrilling !! Since my childhood days, I fantasied about going for long drives all alone.

And, Am not far to achieve it. Finally, I have learned to drive one, after loads of patience and youtube tutorials, and my driving school classes. Initially, it was scary, thanks to my father's contemplation of me driving. Thoughts of ramming the car into something would fill my mind when I made maiden attempts. But when you really want to learn something, it's gonna be sans the fear, well I do believe in "darr ke agge jeet hai"(Beyond fear, lies the victory). Mistakes were obvious though. At times my car would wobble and I could hear the engine shout for help. I felt sorry for my V2 engine. I had to make a strategy to make things work. The first thing to do was enrolling in the driving school. I enrolled for one in the city where I study. Had to pay a hefty amount for just learning, India is expensive gosh.!! A substantial amount of my pocket money got siphoned off, but I was determined to learn no matter how lighter my pockets felt. The experience was enthralling except for the days of mood swings, which is quite natural for a Gemini girl. Well here`s how it all turned to VOILA.!! I AM DRIVING THIS THING...


DAY 1: Super excited to learn, did it with patience, following every word of my instructor. It was fine, just focused on handling the steering wheel, this innovation of power steering is creepy for learners.



DAY 2: Horrible, yes I am naming it that, since I expect a lot from my determination, I was literally struggling with the clutch and gears, let alone handling the steering, the gear stick would just not behave decently in my hands. I decided to do some homework on driving albeit my college work.


HOME-WORK: Youtube tutorials and ehow of driving really helped to drive the manual transmission car.


DAY 3: Sincerely doing my homework, thereafter having some confidence I went to attempt on my day 3. I was hoping to get good remarks from my instructor with newly acquired skills and when it was my turn to drive, all in vain.!! I got sooo disappointed with myself, I sooo wanted to learn, to drive, to feel the power, but it was just not happening. I wasted one week, just doing the formality of going to the driving school since I already had paid my fees. I had no choice left. nevertheless, I started to get nightmares of accidents I would be a part of in my dreams, God bless those whom I killed in my dreams.!! All of a sudden my dream of driving, long drives was dying. I was living a moment when hope amounts to sheer hopelessness. Shit Happens.!! again a Tag line that was fueling my hopelessness fire.

 

As time went on... It was the festive season of HOLI, I got a chance to visit home. Looking at my BIRDY (that's a name I have given to my carrrr..). NEW HOPE TAKE CHARGE, I gained my Father`s confidence saying that I have got some lessons in driving. He looked surprised, I think a bit of fear was inside, which he never shows. I decided to get the help of our driver. The following morning when my dad was getting ready for the office I asked our driver to help me get some core concepts of driving. I took control, it was really simple to follow the step as I learned from my ehow tutorial, I think birdy wanted me to drive her(i like to keep my car`s gender of female). it was like what was I fretting about? it isn't as tough as it seemed. I was driving smoothly, no shouting from my engine, like before and it was smiling like me. I think it's just the right amount of hope, confidence, and calm demeanor which is needed. For the first time, I was feeling that I was a part of my car not an alien to the system. Followed by practice I finally learned it. when I was returning from the drive I saw my dad standing at the gates wondering where the car went, he had an important meeting to attend and I got lucky to return at right time warding off the blame of him getting late. He saw me stopping the car very smoothly and I could see him smile. I smiled too, saying "papa I finally got my hands on your car. He`s getting a new one, and I might get BIRDY. (fingers crossed since my brother is also in the line. hahaha.!! ) Till then I am Practising and adding a link that helped me learn,

 

useful link:http://www.ehow.com/video_3234_drive-car-with.html

p.s. : instructors own the control of clutch and brakes, so don't expect to learn fully out of a driving school. Learn from your observations and tracking the shortcoming, in my case, it was using clutch and shift stick. 

My mission is accomplished, learning the art of cooking is next. I love learning new challenging and interesting stuff will keep sharing as I go forth...happy Driving..!!

Comments