DAMINI Speaks...

Today, i m not chirpy. Never thought i will ever post this. A tribute to the Delhi gang-rape victim. May God give her Peace.




Woke up from a dreadful nightmare,
Summoned my Consciousness,
Realized I didn't dream.
I lay in a hospital bed,
with doctors abounded.

The trauma which occurred did belittle 
me,
but I choose instead,
I choose to be BRAVE and fight till my last 
Breathe.

Though the EXASPERATING PAIN refused to leave.
I fought with sheer fortitude. 
I saw my mother in tears,
could feel her plight.
Her little girl made a mistake by stepping out that night.

She held my hand, wiped her 
tears and said" You are my Brave 
little girl, the whole nation is 
fighting for us, has given you a symbolic name too, DAMINI".

DAMINI ? this name? The people?? 
Protesting for me??? I quivered.
But mother, how could this be? I thought.
NOBODY came to help me when I was 
thrown on the road like a piece of garbage,
NOBODY gave me a hand or cover my bare 
Body.
I lost my consciousness after that and gained it to find the Agony left behind.
My tale sweep-ed the nation, created an uproar.
At least it was heard and didn't just become a part of neglected statistics.
Doctors tried hard to revive my anguished body,
planned to take it somewhere else.
I simply wondered, if the capital city of this country,
paralyzed medically??
Why the heck I came here to pursue my DREAMS then. 

Am I a victim of RAPE, POLITICAL SYSTEM,
IGNORANT SOCIETY OR ILL FATE.
Everything weighed so heavy on my mind,
I wanted to keep my spirit alive,
wanted justice for the heinous crime inflicted,
I didn't want to but my body gave up...
My indomitable spirit left to 
Heavenly abode, despising the demons of the world.
.....
.....
.......
VENGEANCE is yours, my lord,
for I don't want my questions to be answered,
I just need a dwelling place for my spirit all the more.




Comments

Post a Comment